How Furniture Companies Customize B2C Delivery Experience on the Last Mile while Reducing Management Costs
with the Help of External Route Optimization
Private and commercial online shopping is booming worldwide. One of the most recent industries to be affected by this is the furniture industry. This trend is especially strong and understandable from a B2B-customer perspective as almost all products became online comparable and shoppable thanks to VR-technology, high resolution pictures, growing customer recommendation, higher product standards and so on.
But at the same time transportation options did not keep up. Today's convenient transportation options are one of the unique differentiation in the purchasing process whether one buys online or offline. For some it might not yet be the reason to buy in the first place at your shop but certainly the reason to recommend you within the network or to come back.
At the same time the processes and contracts with suppliers and subcontractors as well as the IT internal infrastructure were built for requirements in the past. Something companies tend to refer to as the “stable” system. The truth is though that customer demand is in many cases developing at a different speed and in new or unknown directions.
Thus, the question is not if one adapts the existing logistics but how.
We believe that the implications for furniture retail and the entire industry will grow strongly in the future and will need a powerful solution.
China is the biggest market for online furniture
According to Statista’s Digital Market Outlook China intends to be the biggest market worldwide with around $80 billion in revenue in 2019.Source: Statista 2019
Growing furniture and homeware e-commerce revenue
The demand for buying furniture online is constantly increasing. As shown in the graph beside, the revenue of online purchased furniture reaches nearly $ 55 million in 2024 in the United States.Source: Statista 2020
Speed and low delivery price of high value
A McKinsey survey with 4,700+ respondents in China, Germany, and the United States showed already in 2016 that X2C customers rank price and speed of delivery highest.Source: McKinsey (page 9 / Exhibit 1)
Still the processes and contracts with suppliers and subcontractors as well as the IT internal infrastructure are what they are today. Most put it friendly by calling it “stable”. Nevertheless the customer demand is in many cases developing at a different speed and in new directions.
How can the head of operations and / or the head of transportation provide a workable solution to the organization AND to external transportation partners under the following constraints?
- No IT budget nor integration needed
- Start within minutes or hours
- Simple onboarding and managing of (changing) subcontractors
- Easily launch new time slots for customers
- Establish or improve transparency on the last mile
- Improve the economics of your last mile operation
- Support environmental goals by reducing the distance driven by your carrier or fleet
We have designed justGO to be a simple to use and fast to adapt solution for a wide range of industries but for the furniture industry in particular.
Thus with the Help of our External Route Optimization your company can
Customize the B2C Delivery Experience
by offering the most convenient delivery time slots and / or new delivery time slots and areas to your customers.
- simply upload your addresses to justGO (including all your constraints regarding package size and stop times)
- select the vehicles you want to use
- select the delivery time slot & day
- get your results in under 60 seconds
Reducing Management Costs
- invite new carriers via email within seconds
- track (new) carriers on your map / interface
download the summary of your deliveries for further usage in your existingERP / TMS systembilling system
Challenge this case in under 10 minutes and let us know where you’d use this process or what you’d like to see improved.
- Sample data already provided in the system
- Mobile app works almost worldwide (if not, let us know)
- Individual feedback after each optimization
- Save to use for all parties
- Free to test (no credit card required)
Get started and try it with 100 free deliveries. (no credit card required)Get started